AJE earring challenge week #3

Hopping on for the Art Jewelry Elements blog earring challenge here in weeks 3 and 4.

First up, these beauties were so much fun and came from components I had kicking around in my bowls on the bench. The fairy bells were from Gardanne Beads, wonderful little enamel copper goodies. And the raku glass bead caps were from Nadin Art Glass on Etsy. I love her brilliant glass! I paired them with bronze earwires, and a little bit of Czech glass for dangly contrast. The enamel headpins also came from Nadin’s shop on Etsy. I’m learning to make those… oh yes I am!

AJE3.3

AJE3.4

They were a lot of fun!

The next pair I made was inspired by a tutorial which I could have sworn was on the AJE blog but appears to have been somewhere else. I’ll have to find the link and link up to it later. Super fun and easy peasey project using lampworked glass headpins. The headpins I chose were both from Havana Beads, one of my favorite shops on Etsy. Raida always has great stuff.

These are her raku glass leaves. I paired them with some etched glass rounds from Klass Beads (also on Etsy) and fire polished Czech glass accents. They’re light, swingy and really fun to wear.

leaf2

Another simple pair of headpin earrings, week 4 bonus – these were etched rounds from Havana Beads, which I paired up with turquoise and little Swarovski bicones. Fun! This is a fun project, like I said. It’s a great thing for beginners, there’s literally no way to mess these up. THe wraps are rough and loose and irregular on purpose! And you get a great, organic looking pair of earrings at the end.

etched2

etched3

All of these are in my Etsy shop, natch, or down at Crafted… though I’m seriously thinking that I might delist and keep the first set. I really love those fairy bells…

Powered by Linky Tools

Click hereΒ to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

This entry was posted in AJE Challenge and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to AJE earring challenge week #3

1. Michelle says:

Wow. Just Wow. I love all your earrings this week, but that first one is … wow.

2. Linda Landig says:

I think that first pair is a keeper! I love those Fairy Bells too! All your earnings are a delight to the eye! Awesome!

3. Kumi Fisher says:

Wow is right! I LOVE all three and would keep them all to myself! Amazing artistry Rainy! Looking forward to your creations!!

4. Diena says:

I love the 2nd pair. I feel like the etched glass beads give them a very vintage feel. The raku glass leaves are beautiful, too.

5. Rachel Baron says:

That first pair is stunning, but they are all gorgeous, creative earrings!

6. Zelda says:

Ok random thought…. could I, maybe potentially, get my one word necklace (finally found the word FINER!) with a fairy bell on the bottom??? I love your fairy bells but cant wear dangly earrings…..

7. ozzietassie says:

and by fairy bells I mean the smaller bits on the end of the first earring not the larger bit -gah that sounds so incoherent!

8. Love Love Love these! All of them, but I think the “Fairy Bells” are my favorite Honey & Ollie design ever. Sadly disappointed to find they are no longer available in your etsy shop : (