Some thoughts about mandalas and process and life

Here I went and said “I’m gonna do 30 mandalas in March! One every day!” and it hasn’t really worked out that day. It’s the 11th and I’ve done 5. I owe myself six mandalas!

I’ve got all this shrink film, wood disks and pendant trays on the way so I can start making mandalas for the shop and I can’t even get to the art table for a blog challenge? Something wrong with that picture.

I also had the thought that maybe I can just give myself a break, start from today and keep going with my challenge. That may be my solution. We’ll see… I’ve been getting in my own way a lot. Things have been rather busy and I just haven’t had a moment to sit down with paints. Faire workshops have started, I’ve been wrapped up in a lot of Guild business and spending way too much time on Facebook and on lashon hara. So many distractions.

But I guess that’s why they call it a CHALLENGE, right? So I’m challenging myself to get my sh*t together and finish the month as planned, one a day, and to try to make up the six I owe myself so I can say I did, in fact, meet my goal.

photo (6)

This entry was posted in faire, gratitude. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Some thoughts about mandalas and process and life

1. Tracy says:

You are loved, and appreciated, and *I* hear you. You are amazing, talented, giving, compassionate, and dedicated. I am sorry that there are those who don’t, or can’t, see that. I feel so blessed to have me in my life. I know this isn’t what you’re looking for, but I wanted you to know how I feel about you.

2. *Hugs*

You are VERY appreciated in my home. I LOVE your work and am always checking your shop to see what’s new.

You also inspire me. I’ve loved all the Mandalas you’ve posted and just thought they were beautiful and spectacular. I kept looking and thinking I wanted to try (even though I can’t draw a stick figure. LOL) but I always looked at yours and thought how perfect they looked, and mine could never possibly “live up” to yours. Then I REALLY looked. And yours are beautiful and unique, and they have little imperfections that make each one truly “yours” and there’s no reason mine couldn’t look as wonderful, but in a Guppy sort of way. So now I’m toying with sketching my own mandalas.

Wow Lynda, that makes me so happy! I do hope you start sketching your own. They totally don’t have to be perfect. Mine really aren’t. I’m always a little in awe of those that are! I think the key to “wonderful” really does lie in making something your own.

3. Natalie says:

I’m not one of the “cool” kids, not one of the folks whose posts get a lot of comments or feedback, not one of the folks whose bandwagon gets a lot of jumping on. My whole life there has been this thread that is all about feeling kept out, on the fringes, not quite where I want to be. Always wondering what was wrong with me or what I’m doing wrong.

You and me both. I haven’t figured a way around that awful feeling, either. I keep hoping that someday I will!

It’s a shitty feeling. It really is. And what I’m getting so strongly is that other people’s behavior, what they do recognize or not, is NOT ABOUT ME or the value of my contributions… but it still sucks not to feel appreciated.

4. Rainy, your posts often inspire me to be more creative, more thoughtful, and more self-nurturing. You have been someone I admire for the last few years, and I appreciate it deeply.

May your mandala endeavor go as you hope. 🙂

Sending best wishes for the completion of the mandalas and working out the feelings of invisibility. You are special and don’t let anyone ever give you the impression you are not. One of my friends was admiring my necklace a couple days ago and I told her about you making it for me.

6. Jules says:

**THIS!!**

7. rebecca says:

I’m feel abundantly safe in saying that the way you describe feeling in this post is very familiar and common to us all. Thank you for being brave and giving voice to the small fears that loom large, even if mostly unspoken. I wonder who you would be if you could never again form that thought, that you are invisible? My guess is that you would be just as loving and generous, and yet somehow even more carefree. Sending you vibes of good thoughts and much love. 🙂