Muster the Rohirrim! Gondor calls for aid!

Okay not really. But, we got the Cat Condo put together. And it’s like Minas Tirith for Cats, I swear.

It came in a ginormous box. In many pieces.

cathouse1

Tell me Legolas. What do your elf eyes see?

A shadow and a threat have been growing in my mind. Something draws near, I can feel it.

cathouse5

Oh. Never mind. It’s you. This is all your fault.

cathouse3_edited-1

Soon, like the gleaming White City, White Tower of Ecthelion gleaming in the sun, the Cat Condo of Gondor arose from the Plains of the Hardwood Floor. Seriously I keep expecting the Rohirrim to charge ’round the sofa any minute now.

64338_10150727243065695_738935694_11558612_1161875718_n

And there was much rejoicing. And then some napping.

cathouse8

Except, you know cats. Eventually they got bored and abandoned the White City of Gondor to play “The Pass of Cirith Ungol” in the big cardboard box. For hours they have been merrily leaping out at anyone who passes, like little trapdoor spiders.

cathouse6

YOU! Shall! Not! Pass!

Seriously. This is what I did instead of working today?

7 Responses to Muster the Rohirrim! Gondor calls for aid!

1. Tina Tierson says:

Many smiles! Thank you, Rainy!

2. Sharon says:

Where did you get this? Ours came completely assembled and was a royal pain to get into the house. And the cats mostly ignore it, but that’s another story.

Amazon.com! The link is in hte post just prior to this one. It was a breeze to assemble and the cats are loving it.

3. The Lab Rat says:

“Fly, you fools!” I hope the True Kings will return to the White Tower eventually, and rule Justly and Well.

4. Knitnana says:

THAT is one amazing cat tree!! But of course they’d rather have the box.

I’m going to try to remember to scan in the photos of the tree my ex built for the two we had together “back in the day” – it’s long gone, but was from scavanged materials and hence completely free.

Wish I still had it – your guys will eventually love it. (I hope)
    (((hugs)))

5. anodyne says:

C and I have read this several times and are still laughing. Great story and superbly executed. 🙂 Love the pics.

I know a cat that would love this cat condo. I keep threatening to bring in another cat just to keep him entertained. It looks like your cats have alot to entertain themselves. Maybe I just get the box?