you are all brave and mighty

Y’all, I’m so absolutely blown away by the amazing stories of being brave and mighty that you’ve left in the comments of my last entry. You guys really inspire and amaze me. People are resilient and incredible…

I am trying to be resilient and incredible today, in the face of computer issues, a terminally sick cat, and an upper respiratory infection like whoah. So far that’s looked a lot like, “Sitting in my comfy chair with a cat, and crying into my kleenex while mutant alien germs stick icepicks in my ears and eye.”

Some days, they are like that. Other days are better. Challenges are relative in size and it’s good to keep in mind and be deeply grateful that at least I’ve got a cat, a computer, and a comfy chair.

What challenges are you facing today? And what are you grateful for, in the face of them?

there’s still time to sign up to win either a pair of lovely pearl and garnet earrings or an original mandala painting. Winners are announced tomorrow!

This entry was posted in gratitude. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to you are all brave and mighty

1. Shawna J. says:

I’m so sorry to hear about the kitty. Which one is it?

Today my house is very cold because we forgot to order more heating oil. I fixed it, and they’re delivering more today, but it’s still embarrassing. Money is tight all around, and our house is in utter chaos due to a new housemate moving in. Fighting off depression which is being exacerbated by unemployment. Trying to find the happy in today.

Pandora, our Elder Statescat and the most recent addition to Casa Way Too Many Kitties.

Good luck in the finding of happy. *HUG*

2. Britt says:

awhile back I started a blog post with the following “Don’t we all go through times when we wish life would just stop throwing crap our way? I have no secrets to getting through it because in the end I can give suggestions for dealing with it, but you will still have to go through it.”
    It still remains true. Sometimes a small hiccup is enough to make us wobble, but sometimes a small hiccup sends us catapulting off the high wire we call life. Good luck! I hope you get better soon and things with your cat can end in a peaceful way.

3. Torrilin says:

No :(. Who is sick?

4. CambriaW says:

Just wanted to say that I got my beautiful earrings today, and they are in my ears right now as I type this! I love them! πŸ™‚

5. Jennifer W says:

So sorry to hear about your kitty! I still grieve the lost of my Great Dane, 13 years ago! I adore your blog, and mandelas! A friend of mine directed me to it. She was describing you to me and she said, “sound like anyone you know, hmmm?” lol I said “ME!”
    My struggle is learning I’m borderline diabetic, then finding out I have to have my Gallbladder taken out. In 2 days as a matter of fact.
    Take care, sending you squishy shiny vibes.
    Jenn