it’s been kind of business as usual around here.

Made a hat…
Sherlock's Scrappy Cap

Spun some fiber…
Starbees I

Started another hat…
Emily's F/C Lovesick Stained Glass hat

Got a sexy new phone…

The Palm Pixi

And, ya know, otherwise? Aside from catching up on back episodes of Dollhouse, Chuck, and finally getting to see the theatrical release of Watchmen? Not much. But that’s kind of how I like it. Term started today, my classes start tomorrow, and I’m kind of sad to see the lazy 4 weeks of winter vacating end. Not really wanting to pick back up to the crazy pace but them’s the breaks.

12 Responses to it’s been kind of business as usual around here.

I’m having phone envy.. lol. I just recently got Uverse service b/c we couldn’t have satellite (too many trees) and I’m loving my DVR to death. I also pay for Netflix with the 1 at a time unlimited plan and stream movies online on my computer.. though now with the addition of a PS3 to our home – we’ll be streaming movies through it once I get the disk to do so. If you have gamers in your home you might want to consider a PS3- its more expensive than the Roku player but it plays blue-ray, ps2 & 3 games, and streams netflix.

the PS3 is def. on my list. I am not much of a gamer, is the only thing, but the kids are and Jeff does sometimes when he’s over. So it’s one of the options I am mulling, and it’s good to know it’s working for you.

I just downgraded my Uverse, but they wouldn’t let me have the super cheap cable with the DVR. Had to go with the U200 plan. Still a little more than I want, but it means I still get Syfy, so yay!

2. CambriaW says:

Netflix is a lifesaver. I got a 3 month gift subscription and I’ll definitely be keeping it after the 3 months runs out. I stream to my computer.

I love it and stream to my laptop too, mostly, but I have this gorgeous TV that rarely gets turned on. I would like to use it!

3. Jessica says:

I /love/ the Netflix streaming. Adore. Deeply. With all my heart. I watched four seasons of Doctor Who that way, they’re adding more movies every week, it’s wooooonderful. And if you’re already paying for the unlimited movies, you get it as part of the package, so it’s a huge savings.

4. Jessica says:

Oh…forgot to mention, we do it through our PS3, too.

Love the hat. Your spinning is so beautiful.

I don’t watch much; so have no services other than the tv.

Thank you! I love spinning, it’s so nice when it’s chilly enough here in LA to do it.

I’m not a huge TV watcher, though there *are* several cable shows that I like to DVR and then watch in big chunks while I knit or spin. I do love movies though, and the streaming movies thing is nice because then I’m not limited to whatever the cable company feels like showing.

6. Amanda says:

Hulu is one of my favorite sites ever and where I catch up on most of my shows. We also have Netflix (which is connected somehow with the PS3- am I explaining this right? I don’t play it so only know it as the game-thingie-which-plays-movies). We do have cable but don’t watch enough of it to make it worth the expense, IMO.

7. LauraSue says:

No TV, no watching of much of anything, really. I find it floods my brain with images I’d rather not have. I just recently saw a couple of movies in the theater. That was kind of wierd.

8. Peter says:

There aren’t words to describe how happy this hat has made me, by the way. It has been WONDERFUL to me this winter. Thank you for letting me adopt it.