Meet Bonnie…

Pretty Bonnie

Honey, Ollie, Mittens, Bonnie and Charlie. That’s five. Five cats.

Five is a good number. Consider. There are five books of the Torah, we are living in the Fifth World according to the Maya, there are five cardinal directions, five Chinese elements, and a perfect fifth is the most constant harmony.

We’re seriously so done. We have plenty of cats now. We can rescue no more and I must harden my heart to the pleading eyes of my kids next kitten season. But we’ll enjoy the five rescued sweeties we have very much and know we’re doing our part. We are like, five by five.

This entry was posted in cats, Family Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Meet Bonnie…

1. Phoe says:

May the cat gods smile on you. 🙂

Aww.. that’s definitely one household blessed by Bastet! I am a total sucker for cats & kittens but Ms. Kitty is an only child because she is WAAY too possessive and neurotic. BTW, according to another blogger- 5 cats officially qualifies you for the title of “crazy cat lady”. Congrats. hee hee.

3. datagoddess says:

Pssst! There are only 4 cardinal directions. 5 cardinal points, though 😀

She’s gorgeous. I’ll be curious as to how Miss Honey handles another female in the house.

4. eightfoldrabbit says:

PSsst! In some cultures, the center is considered a direction, thus five!

Bonnie is beautiful. How can you not be drawn to take her. She has a good home.

6. Knitnana says:

OMG. I seriously considered NOT commenting, b/c you already HAD FIVE COMMENTS! And considering your theme that would have been perfect…
    I make 6. And had to break perfection.
    (sigh)
    Welcome to the family Bonnie. Frankly, they swear the more the merrier, but I’m not so sure…Hope everyone stays wonderfully healthy!!!
    *wink*
    ((((hugs))))

7. Georgi says:

Very pretty kitten, but I sure hate cleaning the litterboxes behind 3 cats. I cannot imagine how bad it is with 5.

8. eightfoldrabbit says:

Georgi, the poo is EXPONENTIAL. However, I have children slave labor, plus two litterboxes, so it’s really a non issue. We scoop 2-3x a day and refill with fresh sand weekly. Unless someone is slacking, you’d never know we had so many cats.

9. Geogrrl says:

What a pretty girl!

This is why DH and I don’t foster cats for the local shelter. I’d love to, but I know that neither of us would have the heart to send them away, and we’d wind up with a dozen cats.