First, say you missed the melodious sound of my voice…

When I moved over here, it was with every intention of regularly blogging insightful and beautifully photographed/worded things quite often. Yet life, it gets in the way, and here we are. Granted, my school schedule isn’t leaving me much space for blogging or knitting, but I had intentions you see.

callie side/sleeve

I am really quite proud of myself here. Both for wrangling Mei Mei into posing with the half knit sweater, and for actually having a half knit sweater to show you. Sleeve #1 is in progress and I could not be happier with how it is coming out. I did have to fiddle with decreases a bit and do some maths, but really this pattern could not be much more of a piece of cake. Laura’s patterns are really lovely to knit up, but what I really like about them are the little elegant details she throws in. Like hems that are turned under with a picot edge, neat little finishing touches to wrap it all up in a bow.

callie hem

Things that make you gasp in delight as it all comes together in an elegant little package and you can’t wait to wear the sweater could it just hurry up and knit itself faster please!?

The weather is turning here. The days, they are shrieking “Summer!” as loudly as they can, but in the evening you begin to hear whispers of Autumn. It taps you on the shoulder in the morning when you let the dog out. “Pssst…. grab a sweater.” it says, quietly. “And while you’re at it, another quilt for the bed.”

I hope it holds off just a few more weeks. I’d like to get that second sleeve in.

6 Responses to First, say you missed the melodious sound of my voice…

Very nice sweater. I like it!

2. torrilin says:

Pretty!

Now if only I could figure out where my size 6 DPNs are… I too could be doing a sleeve.

3. datagoddess says:

Looks great! Is that sweater for Mei Mei or is she just the model?

4. eightfoldrabbit says:

Thank you! Sweater is mine, she was just a convenient model – it is actually much more fitted than it is on her.

5. Geogrrl says:

Okay, I missed the melodious sound of your voice, “Lucy”.

Glad to see you’ve surfaced, and while I missed your entries, I totally understand why you’re not on very often.

The sweater is lovely–which one of the patterns is it? I suspect I know, but I’m not sure.

6. Wendy says:

Did miss you! I agree about the chilly mornings, especially since my kids have been walking to school at 7:45. I even wore wool socks twice last week (although not all day). I couldn’t resist wearing Pomatomus after they got through their competition!

I’m knitting a new sweater, but more of a summery layer, I guess. But it should transition me well into the wool sweater finishing frenzy. I’ve got WAY too many sweaters in progress.