lady E

Lady E, worked in Silk Garden. 4 tiers in, just connected the 2nd ball of Noro. Wondering if I should go down a needle size and redo, but I kind of like the fabric I’m getting. It IS for someone living in Southern CA after all, and we don’t really need a thick woven wooly fabric to keep warm here.

I had to call the LYS where I bought the book, because I was on my way to my ex inlaws house yesterday and forgot the pattern. I knew there would be streeeeess if I didn’t have my knitting, and I’d forgotten the book… someone there fortunately answered the phone and was kind enough to remind me how to start the side triangles. I remembered the rest of it without the pattern (it IS really easy!), and the afternoon was saved.

This is why a great LYS is such a marvelous thing to have. Not only do they give you yarn, but they help preserve familial harmony.

10 Responses to

1. DataGoddess says:

That’s gorgeous – I’m going to have to check out that pattern. It looks hard, but since you say it’s easy I’ll trust you πŸ˜‰

2. Lucia says:

Oooh, she’s so pretty!

3. Lynda the Guppy says:

Oh, that’s pretty.

I had the same problem with the triangles, so what I did was print the side triangle patterns on each side of an index card, and I carried that with my bag.

BTW, I did mine in Silk Garden and I used a 10 1/2 and it came out wonderful, soft, and drapey.

What color are you using? I really love that blue…and that green.

4. sopranospinner says:

Did you see Kate’s picture on the Harlot’s blog? I’m SOO jealous!

5. Laura says:

That could be your LYS’ new slogan, “Cheaper than family therapy!”

6. Cambria says:

looks beautiful! i’m not “in the know” about the pattern, but i’ll catch up. can’t wait to see it finished.

7. BellaKarma says:

Gosh, that really is gorgeous!

8. Christie says:

What pretty colors! I made mine from the Silk Garden Lite and I totally love it! And no, we don’t need something too heavy in So Cal, but it’s a nice to pair with a sweater or a lightweight jacket. I wore mine all season long last year.

9. Lauren says:

Happy Talk LIKE A PIRATE DAY!!!!http://indianhillmediaworks.
    typepad.com/pirates/

10. Roxie says:

Your entrelac looks so luscious! Good work!