I’ve been avoiding it for weeks. I’ve been in denial. I’ve been pretending it wasn’t true. But it was. There was just no getting around the harsh reality. Today I had to get under the bed storage for the sock yarn, which had expanded way beyond the ability of my designated stash containers to hold it.

The handpainted Etsy rovings gave a squeal of glee and promptly leapt into the bin vacated by the sock yarn.

And completely filled it. Overflowing, even.

So fine.

I admit that I am powerless over fiber.

I have no intention of giving this up to a higher power.

I will not make amends.

Bill can bite me. I’m going solo on this one. He’s not my friend.

I am not sure if I said anything here or not, but I quit my job at the cafe two weeks ago and Sunday last was my final day there. I will miss my regulars, the people I got to work with, but I will not miss some of the issues that made me resign in the first place and I am feeling good about moving on to something less stressful. The olive oil store asked me to come back and so I’ve just made the move back there, which is really moving forward, both in pay and a lot of other respects. There’s some opportunity for advancement there and a future. It’s a good move for me. I’m really jumping for joy.

In other news, gods willing and the creek don’t rise, certified mail being trustworthy, I have mailed off my last debt management payment and am mere weeks away from being Certified Debt Free once it’s all been dispersed and the numbers added up. I own the car outright and I think I got all the medical bills, so… how crazy is that? NO debt. It’s almost unimaginable to me. Now I just have to make sure to make good choices and keep it that way.

Hmmm… perhaps I was too quick to tell Bill W. to piss off on the fiber thing. 😛

\m/ \m/ Heavy metal fingers, indeed.

I also caught Seasonal Startitis Syndrome and cast on for Lady Eleanor’s Stole. Clapotis? What Clapotis? I’m not kneeting no steenkin Clapotis.

12 Responses to

1. Dave says:

Oh, Lady E — nice!!

I’ve got a Lady E on the needles as well.. its just slow going.

3. Amy says:

What yarn are you using for the Lade E?

4. Roxie says:

Debt free? Hooray for you! Bravo! *Dances with glee* Way to go! Congratulations.

5. Knitty Cat says:

No debt. Wow.

I’d love to get to that point. Unfortunately, I’m not badly enough in debt to qualify for those things, but at 10 bucks an hour, I still can’t get the suckers paid down.

How did you do it? I’m in awe.

6. Will Pillage For Yarn says:

knitty, we were unable to do a thing on our own until we got onto a dmp with CCCS. They knocked down the interest rates, negotiated for us and then lumped into a monthly payment we could handle. Not an easy payment, but with budgeting we could do it. We paid a bit over half the debt that way and would have gone on doing so until it was gone, but I used a recent windfall to just pay off the balance and be free. I am paying myself *back* for that, however, with the same amount I was putting into the dmp. Just putting it into a high interest account for *me* now.

Amy: Noro Silk Garden #08

Mouse: I like that I can do one square here, one square there, and the color changes never get dull 🙂 but ask me again in 4 skeins! *eyes pile of ufo’s dubiously*

7. sopranospinner says:

We’re finishing up our credit counseling in October, yay!! High five!!

I stopped buying sock yarn long ago (except souvenir…mostly…) but keep on spinning the stuff, so it continues to grow. I need some more giant ziplocks…

8. KnitNana says:

Congrats! THAT is a major major milestone..debt-free! And I wish you lots and lots of good stuff with the new job! Whoohoo – better pay! (more yarn?)

Oh…and I so agree – I’m powerless over fiber, too.
    (sigh)
    Only I’ve got Rowan Kidsilk Haze on the brain…And Kaffe Fassett’s Earth Stripe Wrap (in my OWN color combo)
    🙂
    (((hugs)))

9. LizKnits says:

sounds like fiber heaven. I have a question for you. I think you recently purchased a sonata didn’t you? Did you consider the Joy? What made you pick your sonata?

10. Lynda the Guppy says:

I knit a Lady E for my mom for Christmas last year. With some serious dedicated knitting (and trying NOT to knit on anything else), I cast on the weekend of Halloween and I finished it at 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve.

At 1:50 p.m. on Christmas Eve, my mother had called to tell me she was too sick to go to dinner that night. There was much screaming and wailing at Chez Guppy.

But remains the most beautiful, amazing thing I’ve ever knit. It’s spectacular. And it gets so SOOO much softer (and larger!) when you wash it. I used 10 skeins for the body and 1 1/2 for the fringe (I was obsessive about the fringe and cut and placed each strand individually). I wish I had stopped at 9 skeins for the body, though, as it’s too long for my mother.

I have one on the needles for me now.

11. Psuke says:

I just wanted to share this pattern with you, I thought it was so cute!

12. if time exists says:

Congratulations about the debt! If fiber is the only thing you have to worry about being in debt for, then I say you’re doing pretty good.

And since you can’t have coffee, being away from the temptation is probably the best thing…