World’s slowest knitter.

pomotamus plant

Cookie’s patterns are really smart, but sometimes the knitters making them are not so smart. Case in point, me, last night, having forgotten the pattern pages and gone out to eat with sock in purse. I got to the end of my little card with chart A and spent a good ten minutes while we were waiting in the restaurant to be seated, trying to figure out how to repeat the darn thing and make it work. I got home a few hours later, after disgustedly shoving the sock in my purse and realized that… hey… reading the directions can help. It was revealed that the designer did, in fact, know that chart A cannot be knitted twice without rearranging stitches. It was revealed that she WANTED me to rearrange some stitches before plunging headlong into “repeat from *”.

Everything is going so much better now. Sorry for all those bad things I thought in the restaurant, Cookie. It’s such a clever, fantastic pattern. Mental note. Always, always, ALWAYS bring the pattern, not just an index card with the chart.

I think I just need to realize that my stash is larger than I will knit in my lifetime, not because it is so large? But because I am so slow. That is okay with me. I have taken steps to be all good with this situation. I have adopted a stash weasel to help protect and care for it.

Nigel certificate

His name is Nigel Stoatly-on-Trent and he is a felty, fabulous little addition to the yarny insanity around here. I believe the maker of these is donating some of the proceeds to TSF, and then also some towards her college career. These both being things I support, I had to pony up for a stash weasel of my very own.

I was moving him around the yarn areas today, trying to figure out where he could best be displayed (and safe from kittens) and the youngest asked me, “Mom, what are you doing?” and I said, “I’m only making plans for Nigel.”

I don’t think she got it.

8 Responses to

1. Charles says:

Cookie’s socks are coming out GREAT!

Anyway..I just want to say I just start my “Knitting VIDEO CAST” Come and look and ss what you think!
    Also Comment me too!

Thanks!
    Charles

OK.. where do you get a stash weasel? I must have one this instant.. even if it means eating cup Ramen for the next week. Oh wait.. I’m already doing that.

3. geogrrl says:

Oh, I haven’t thought of that song in years. I’ve always liked it.

Where did you get the stash weasel? I would love to get my paws on one.

4. Inky says:

must. have. weasel. send link. asap.

oh and thx, have nigel song stuck in head now.

nice kittens btw 🙂

5. Estara says:

Stash weasel!?!? You’re just going to blithely mention that you have a STASH WEASEL and not include a link?

6. KnitNana says:

Not fair. Want stash weasel link.
    Gotta have.
    Please?
    (cool socks)
    (((hugs)))

7. Stephanie says:

I’m with the rest of the gang–no fair posting a stash weasel and not telling us how to get our mitts on our very own! 🙂

8. sopranospinner says:

I have to rearrange my stitches for Monkeys as well, as I don’t like starting a needle with purls one bit! But they are very cute. I might try Pomatamus on vacation with some lovely Rio de la Plata I got at my LYS.

Can’t wait for our spin-together in August!