done!

Embossed Leaf socks from Interweave Knits Winter 2005
Socks that Rock “beryl”

embossed leaf front

embossed leaf side

So the detail in these pics isn’t the best but if you click and look at the larger size on the flickr site, it comes through pretty well. I’m really happy with these socks! I finished the very last one during Em’s Scottish Country Dance class this evening, rushed home, wove in the ends and stuck ’em on my feet. They’re awesome. Love this yarn, love the pattern, I think I’ll be making lots more of them.

Spent the rest of the evening dutifully spinning up some of the BFL from my stash. I haven’t spun in a while. It was pretty obvious. Things evened out after a while but I really do need to be doing this every day.

6 Responses to done!

1. Jill says:

Holy Mother of Jack Nicholson! Those are gorgeous!!! WoW!!!

2. Z says:

They are so beautiful! I love your heels. How do you do that???

Hey, by the way, how is Mr. YP?

3. Ragnar says:

Were these your first top down socks? They look faboo.

4. Ina says:

Wow, gorgeous socks – felitous combination of fabby pattern, fabby yarn, fabby knitting! Inspiring! Must try too.

5. Will Pillage For Yarn says:

BK, Ina, thank you! This pattern is so easy and quick to knit, one of my favorite IK sock patterns ever and I think it’ll be a great gift sock to knit ahead and stash for Xmas.

Ragnar, yep, my first top down socks evar! I believe the toe technique was a star toe and it decreases down to 2 st. on each needle (4 dpns) so then you run the yarn through and tie off. No kitchnering, which is next on my list of things to master. I found the cast on to be fiddly but once I figured out what I was doing, not an issue.

Z, I modified the heel on this pattern. It is written with a traditional flap heel, but I used a wrapped short row heel which is dandy cos it works great whether you are knitting the sock toe up or cuff down. I pretty much make all my heels this way, though I’m seeing a bunch of tutorials for short row/no wrap heels as well as I look around. I like this tutorial:

as it explains the technique pretty clearly.

6. Lick My Sticks says:

Those are awesome! I love the color.